Do you not have the financial resources to pay for professionals to promote your website? Or do you prefer to promote your web resource yourself? Our free training will assist you.
What are the best ways to promote your website on the Internet? It explains step-by-step what website promotion entails and how it affects the site’s ranking on the Internet. We also describe the main advertising methods and the advantages and disadvantages of each. Since this information can easily be found online, we don’t want to detail each item on the checklist. You can create a strategy to promote your portal and effectively interact with your audience using our step-by-step plan.
Why is it essential to promote and promote your website on the Internet?
It is not enough to organize your business and create a website on the Internet. This web resource won’t attract customers and will therefore not be profitable. It is therefore essential to promote it on the Internet.
Online promotion can help you reach a wider audience and find new customers. The web resource will be ranked among the top results in search queries. This will allow for increased traffic and coverage. This will make the company more competitive and will enable it to gain the trust of customers.
Website promotion does not have to be immediate. Sometimes you can achieve instant success. However, this is an exception. Website promotion can be a lengthy process. It involves deep analysis, continuous communication with target audiences, and daily monitoring of competition. The complex work involves technical and organizational measures as well as analytical measures. The first results can only be evaluated after about two to three months.
How to promote your website yourself
Self-promotion of your website in search engines (SEO).
This self-promotion technique has many benefits:
- One of the most cost-effective sources for customer acquisition
- Website optimization can have a positive impact on conversion rates and other traffic sources.
- Even after you have stopped working, the promotion result will continue for an extended period.
This self-promotional method has its cons.
- Often, it is essential to wait for significant results for a while (it is nearly impossible to speed up without causing damage to the project).
- Even though it is the most cost-effective source of customer acquisition, it can still be costly.
- Dependence on search engines (changes to algorithms could lead to a sharp drop in visitors);
It is not easy to do the work yourself. You will need to hire contractors and take complete control of the project.
- It can be time-consuming and require much work.
Let’s just say that it takes time and requires specific skills to promote a website on your own. First, you should familiarize yourself with the basics of search engine optimization. This will allow you to use our checklist more effectively.
Checklist to find an independent SEO website
- Setting up analytics systems
- Site must include:
- Yandex Metrica Counter is now installed
- Google Analytics Counter installed
- Analytics systems goals
- Yandex Webmaster has been configured
- Configured Google Console
- Search engines index pages
- Check the indexing of your site in Google
- Check the Yandex indexing for the site;
- Google and Yandex must index the same number of pages;
- The index of search engines shouldn’t contain duplicates of the site (for instance, check if test domains have been removed from indexing).
- Pages that are not excluded from the index should not be promoted.
- There should not be duplicate pages on the site or in the index of search engine engines.
- Verify that robots.txt has been correctly configured
- Verify that the sitemap.xml file is correctly configured
- Check how the canonical pages have been configured.
- Check how pagination pages have been configured.
- There should not be broken links on the promoted website
- No cyclic links should be found on the promoted website.
- There should not be any unnecessary redirects
- The headers If-Modified, Last-Modified, and Since must be configured.
- Configuration of CNC (human-readable URLs) is required
- must not appear in URL capitalized
- There should not be any server errors
- There should not be any mistakes in the layout.
- The site must be micro-markup
- The site must implement Open Graph Markup
- High site loading speeds are essential.
- The site must be responsive, mobile-friendly, or dynamic.
- The site must use rel = alternative attribute to point to the page’s mobile version.
- The site must display correctly in all browsers
- The server must be capable of withstanding the load.
- Check the markup on localized pages. On pages with different language versions, all addresses should be indicated using the rel = “alternate” hreflang= “x” attribute.
- The site must not contain viruses or malicious code
- Documents should not exceed 10 MB in weight
Optimizing internal websites
- Check the optimization of your title – It must be unique on each page, 12 words, 140 characters. The primary keys must appear at the beginning.
- Check the optimization of the Description metatag – length 60 to 200 characters
- Check the Keywords tag is filled incorrectly
- Check the optimization of headings H1, H2, and H3
- Link weight distribution in favor of the essential pages
- Check if the site contains “dangling nodes.” “Dangling Nodes” are links that cause static weight to flow to nowhere (e.g., active buttons for communication and lead generation buttons),
- You must implement “bread crumbs” (navigation bars) on the site.
- The site must have an internal linking policy.
- The site shouldn’t have any hidden text
- Check-in Yandex.Webmaster to see if quick links have been generated
- check the names of the images on the site – the file name should be meaningful and correspond to the content of the image (for example, “otdelka_fasada.jpg,” not “1111.jpg”);
- Images must include alt and title attributes
- All content on site pages that use the HTTPS protocol should only be transmitted over the HTTPS protocol
Keywords and semantic core
- You should collect key queries from multiple sources.
- You must collect tips in Yandex or Google
- LSI synonyms, common slang expressions or errors, as well as possible variants of names, must all be collected.
- The site’s semantic core must always be current (it must be updated at least once per year every year).
- Inappropriate queries should be removed from the semantic core
- Clustering of the semantic core is required – this refers to a grouping of words that should be promoted on their pages.
- It is important to separate all key queries into informational or commercial.
Optimization factors for commercial purposes
- Provide information about the company on your website.
- Add shipping and payment details.
- Customer support is essential.
- Post information about the warranty period, return policy, and how to contact us.
- You should not advertise third-party websites on your site.
- Tell us about discounts and promotions
- You can also include information about credit-based purchasing of goods.
Remember: The better the variety of goods on the website, the better.
- The ability to access the shopping cart from any page should be possible
- Place the legal details (INN/KPP/OGRN);
- Publicate licenses and certificates
- Open access to user registration via social networks
- The presence of the HTTPS protocol is required (signed SSL certificate).
- The “Select City” option is required for multi-regional sites.
- Email must be hosted on the domain.
You must indicate as many communication options as possible on the site
- Online communication (Skype. WhatsApp. Viber. Telegram. 1. Online communication (Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, and Telegram).
- phone – A number that begins with 8-800. is ideal (add both to header/footer of the site);
- online consultant;
- Feedback form
- Option “Order a Call / Call Me Back” (Add to the Site’s Header).
- 6.Optimization of product cards for online stores
- What should be on the product card?
- Information about price and payment
Information about the status/availability of the goods
Information on delivery costs and timing
- Description of the goods in detail;
- Question-answers about the product
- Technical characteristics of the goods
- Reviews and ratings
- video (an excellent opportunity to customize the product card if you don’t have unique descriptions).
- Variety of applications (basket + Quick Order);
- Information about the manufacturer/brand
- The ability to add each product to your favorites and share it on social media.
- Links to the site must exist from other sites.
- All links can be found on webmaster tools (search engines should view all links);
- Search engines must index 24. pages that have links to your site;
- There must not be any spam in the anchor lists
- You can’t use links from sites with prohibited topics or suspicious anchors
- Links from other websites should not be used to link to pages that aren’t there
- Use free methods to obtain links
- Use social signals and crowd-marketing;
- There should be brand references on the Internet.
- Do not use “link sweepers” or hide links on your site.
- Avoid links from AGS websites and explicit SEO links
Search engine filters are available.
- There are no warnings in Yandex Webmaster or Google Console.
- There are no affiliate sites
- The texts aren’t oversaturated by keywords
- There is no advertising or very little.
Promotion in the region
- Indicate the location in the reviews and case studies of customers
- Add regional pages to the website
- Add the site to Yandex or Google My Business directory
- Add links to the site from other regional sites
- Use the Geositemap tool. This will allow you to generate a file in KML format for Google that will show the exact location of your branches. The finished file should be placed in the root folder and a link in the sitemap.xml.
- Open the pages available to the robot regardless of IP. If the site is geolocated, then different versions are shown depending on where the user is located. For example, if a robot visits the site from New York IP address, it might not index Los Angeles content. It is crucial to make all content accessible to search robots.
- Yandex. The webmaster will link the site to the appropriate region.
Analyze the following behavioral factors:
- The depth of site browsing (the total number of pages viewed by the user per session);
- Time spent on the site
- Search results with CTR
- Search returns and site results from search;
- The site shouldn’t take more time than competitors.
- You should identify entry points with high bounce rates for targeted queries and analyze them to determine the root cause.
- The main information blocks should be placed at their usual locations.
- The site must be adaptable for mobile devices.
- Snippets should be appealing
- The request must be matched by the login pages
- Fonts should be simple to read.
- Geoservices and local promotion
This search engine optimization strategy allows you to rank high in search results for geo-dependent questions – where the user’s address, city, or district is specified.
You will need the following:
- “light up” local news sites using unique services such as Pressfeed.ru or PRNEWS.io
- Include geo-queries in Title & Description
- Add information to Yandex.Maps
- Register your site in the Yandex Directory
- Register the site on 2GiS
- Register the site through Google My Business
- Register the site on Maps Me
- Register in local directories, city directories, and thematic aggregators
- Make a virtual tour of your store/establishment/office and upload it to Google Maps;
- Make the right micro-markup for the site – In the snippet, the structure indicates the physical address, the phone number with the quick call option, and ratings and reviews about the company.
- Specify the address of pages on social networks
- Take into consideration geo-queries when compiling the semantic core.
- Step-by-step guide for self-promotion in social media networks (SMM).
Promoting a website via social media networks is a more effortless and cheaper way to promote it. It is common for almost everyone to be registered on at least one social networking site, which makes getting to know the interface much quicker. You will also find friends and acquaintances who will help you gain an audience. This means you can promote your website portal immediately.
The advantages of self-promotion:
- colossal audience;
- Easy to locate target users
- Easy maintenance
- Communication with the audience
- quick start.
- This self-promotional method has its cons
- Great competition
- You need to be active and creative constantly.
Changes in algorithm can result in a dramatic decrease in impressions for your posts
- It is possible to delete or block posts by using social media networks (sometimes without apparent reasons).
- This requires you to be able to communicate online and manage yourself in all situations.
- Checklist to maintain accounts and promote the project on social networks
- Only one-time registration and setting up of accounts on social networks.
Here’s a list of social networks that are recommended for website promotion
- 2. Classmates
- My World
- Viber, Telegram, and WhatsApp
You will need to organize the following elements after creating a community (pages, events, groups, personal accounts):
- Name of the community
- Avatar, cover, miniature.
- ID URL identifier.
- Menu or top post
- Tabs (they also function as the menu buttons in Facebook).
- Photos, goods.
- Video recordings
- Block “Links” and “Like This Page.”
- “Events” & “Upcoming Events”
- “Discussions” and “Notes.”
- Publications of visitors, reviews.
- Audio recordings (if applicable).
- Documents (if applicable).
- You can save time by publishing content to social media sites via RSS.
Every day, you have to:
- check comments;
- Check messages in private and communities;
- publish posts, or verify that all posts have been published via auto-publishing
- Check if stories have been published or if they are auto-published.
- You need to have:
- Create a content plan
- Create technical specifications and delineate tasks for a photographer, videographer, or copywriter.
- Analyze statistics and summarize
Monitor competitors and study the interests of your target audience.
- Social networks have many content options
- questions, polls;
- Announcements of articles and news links that lead to the site
- Longreads (long, expert articles)
- Personal thoughts about the topic (2-4 paragraphs);
- graphics, infographics, and visualization of quotes
- Video, Live Broadcasts, Interviews
- podcasts, audio interviews;
- Industry news, expert opinions
- Quotes from industry opinion leaders
- Playing with Trends
- Thematic humor
- Historical references and futuristics
Options for subscriber acquisition (paid or free)
- Friending / Inviting
- statistical web elements (widgets and auto signatures);
- Dynamic web elements (guest Content);
- Work on content indexing (uniqueness + words derived from the semantic core in every title element
- Hashtags (no more than 5 per Facebook post);
- Integration with business processes
- Participation of opinion leaders
- Integration with offline
- Placement on Print Media
- Maximization of Activity
- Holding competitions
- Attraction of Partners
- Content marketing
- Synergistic effect (using all the methods above simultaneously);
- Targeted advertising (the fastest, most “white” way to advertise);
- Advertising seeding (in partner groups or opinion leaders);
- Advertising in applications
Social media advertising targeting targeted audiences.
Targeted advertising is a great way to promote your company. Targeted advertising refers to online advertising that targets a specific audience based on their interests and characteristics.
You can achieve the following tasks with targeted advertising via social media:
- Get leads
- Subscribe to their communities
- Increase traffic to your site/blog/landing pages (be sure you use UTM tags).
- Obtain extensive coverage in publications
- Increase awareness of the brand, product, and event
- Bring potential buyers to offline points (shops and showrooms).
- Start dialogs on Facebook Messenger
How to promote your website in the entire search area (SSO).
The current trends indicate that it’s not enough just to promote a site in search results. You need to interact with all search engines: attract users from other sites, build a client base, and bring people to your website. You can do all of these tasks independently. It is enough to plan a strategy and select information resources. Then, you need to start using promotional channels. These are some of the options available to promote your site:
- Yandex. Yandex.
- Yandex. Services
- Aggregators, marketplaces, classifications
- review sites;
- Sites with ads (for instance, Avito.ru);
- Information resources
Use content marketing to promote your site.
- This self-promotional method has its cons
- This gives you more ways to contact your online business.
- Attracts additional traffic to your site;
- Traffic will have a higher quality – it will be more targeted.
- Increases the reach of a new audience
Brand awareness is increasing;
- Expert status is enhanced by loyalty and trust in the brand.
- Engagement increases
Reputation is growing, and expertise is being emphasized.
- stimulates sales growth;
- LTV growth stimulated
- link mass grows. Naturally, behavioral factors improve.
- Even if you quit working on the site, the promotion result is kept long.
This self-promotional method has its cons
- Production and distribution of content are labor-intensive and costly.
- It is impossible to achieve the lighting effect.
- the essential knowledge about all of the website promotion methods is required for content marketing. You must first decide what type of content you want to promote on your website. You can use photographs or author’s illustrations (for creative studios and photography schools), teaching methods (for educational centers), and industry articles. These materials are suitable for any business. The key to content marketing success is creating high-quality, valuable content that will set you apart from other companies and earn your customers’ trust.
What kind of content marketing is needed by your business?
- Companies in which the client requires some time to make a decision.
- Brands that sell complex or expensive products
- Information businesspeople who wish to create a community around their products and get organic traffic (significant for those in new niches or who don’t have a solid personal brand).
- Content marketing is a complex endeavor that requires many resources. This includes time, money, expertise, writers, and people. Without consistency and patience, it will not be possible to achieve the desired result. Content marketing is a “long-term game.”
Who doesn’t need content marketing?
- impulse purchases: Hot offers for buying the next Power Bank at a 90% discount
- If we sell inexpensive and straightforward products, consumer goods are possible
- If the product is not standard or people are dissatisfied with it, content marketing won’t force them to change their minds.
- A local tire shop or shawarma vendor is not necessary to implement content marketing strategies. Buyers come to them differently. A nearby service will be chosen if they need to repair or replace a flat tire quickly. A hungry person will buy shawarma from the nearest shop and not go to the other side of the city. It is essential to consider how customers reach you and then evaluate whether content marketing can influence this.
Checklist for content marketing to promote your website:
- Do market research and competitor analysis. Also, target audience analysis. Find out how they use the content. What sites are they publishing it on? In what quantities and how often? What are the topics covered in articles?
- Analyze search queries associated with your site. Find informational keywords and group them to create article topics.
- Filter the ideas.
- Choose the best format for your website promotion content. You have many options: articles, news and emails, photos, videos, and podcasts, as well as posts on social media networks.
- Here are 20 ideas for topics to consider when writing articles.
- Create a content plan based on competitor analysis, keyword research, and brainstorming. Learn Why you need a Content Plan and how to use it.
- You can create a blog (information section with articles) on your site.
- A Q&A section can be added.
- Tag your pages.
- Examples of your work and portfolio.
- You can either create your content or hire professionals to do it.
- Regularly post content.
- All content should be formatted correctly
- Use photos in your content.
- Make infographics.
- Texts should be free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- Texts must be unique.
- Do not forget to share and bookmark a page.
- Analyze statistics and monitor promotion effectiveness. If necessary, adjust promotion strategies.
Options for material formats:
- Client reviews;
- Section: Question-answers (FAQ);
- Masterclasses that teach you how to conduct your work independently
- Comparisons and reviews
- “Inner Kitchen”: Photos and videos showing the process with comments
- Customer stories;
- Online training
- Interview experts in your field
- Commenting on third-party sources
There are many ways to promote content wherever you can distribute it:
- Social networks – Create your pages or groups and use others to spread the information.
- email newsletters;
- Posts in thematic blogs
- Emails on your topic
- profile internet portals.
- Our agency employs a professional team to promote your website using content marketing. Contact us to discuss your project. We will create content and recommend a content promotion strategy.
This step-by-step guide will help you promote your website through contextual advertising.
Contextual advertising, Latin for “connection,” is an Internet advertising type that displays various ads to the user based on his search queries and other behavior. These ads are highly personalized and likely to be responded to. It can be found on search engines, websites, mobile apps for smartphones, and other resources.
You will need to choose one of the Yandex or Google Ads services to launch contextual advertising. Register in the Natural system, create advertising campaigns, recharge your account, then toss. If everything goes according to plan, your ads will be displayed to the targeted audience.
This self-promotional method has its cons:
- Fast results
- It is relatively easy to start up.
- This self-promotional method has its cons
- Applications are immediately stopped upon the termination of payment
- Requires constant optimization
- There is a possibility that you will not be able to recoup your advertising investment.
- Checklist to guide you in the self-basic configuration and use of contextual advertising
- Install Yandex. Set goals to track the effectiveness of advertising campaigns using Google Analytics and Metrica
- 2. Connect your AdWords, Analytics, Direct, and Metrica Accounts.
- Set up eCommerce in Analytics or Metrica if you plan to promote an online store.
Phone calls primarily make 4. Orders in the niche you promote. Connect call tracking is a great way to track these calls.
- Make separate landing ads for each type of product or service.
- Negative keywords should be avoided.
Consider the structure of your advertising campaigns.
- Separately set up Search Engines and Ad Network Campaigns.
- Set up language and time targeting.
- Complete the business card with your address, phone number, and opening hours.
- Add quick links.
Add UTM tags to your ads.
- Each ad campaign should include a Metrica counter.
- Metrica allows you to enable link markup
- Make ads.
- Select an advertising campaign strategy and then set up bids.
- Automate your company by adding UTM tags, cross-minus at campaign level, and uploading costs from Yandex. Direct to Analytics
- Take a look at the free automation tools Direct and AdWords have to offer.
- Contact us if you need help setting up contextual advertising. We will inspect your campaigns and create new ones.
This list should help you get started with promoting your site. This list will help you to understand the basics and promote a website resource. It is important to note that many of today’s promotion options can be complex and require special skills. Professionals are better if you need more profound and more comprehensive website promotion skills, so it is better to turn to professionals for a deeper and more complete website promotion.