SEO for Google is a critical aspect of promoting websites in search engine optimization. It is used by almost half of Russian-speaking users. Google can help you get high rankings and the majority of your traffic. Google uses the same algorithms as any other search engine to rank sites in the SERP. We will only consider the most important.
Google Site Promotion Features
- Mobile suitability. Google reports that 60% of Google queries are accessed from mobile devices. This percentage is steadily increasing. Your site’s responsiveness to modern devices will have a significant impact on traffic and rankings.
Did you know that Google searches often return videos as the first result? Then, only the second results will show links to articles. * A love for videos. It integrates closely with YouTube’s YouTube service and searches for videos when requested by users.
Google search results are less likely to change. You are more stable in Google Yandex if you are today in the top 10 and tomorrow in the top 30.
- Site technical support. Google monitors search results for technical errors and reduces them when they are found.
- Google allows new sites to remain in its “sandbox” until they are ready. Yandex shows that it is hard for young sites to rise to the top within a short time.
Google sees behavioral factors as less important. Yandex has outperformed Google in this area, using behavioral factors to rank search results.
Google SEO-Website Promotion: Features of Internal and External Optimization
Site owners often fail to reach the top because of numerous mistakes in both internal and external optimization. We recommend these tips to help you get to the top.
- Google is looking for high-quality content on websites. Google values the variety of content: images, videos, text. Articles can be either short or long. Recent changes in the search engine have given preference to copyrighted material.
- Quality of pages. Your site must be optimized for specific queries. Make sure you fill in the tags Title, Description, Keywords, H1 – H6.
- Download speed. Check the PageSpeed Insights Service’s loading speed. Optimize your code, compress images and use a cache.
- Behavioral factors. Although Google gives behavioral factors a lower priority than Yandex, they should still be considered.
- Regular content updates. Regular updates to your content are essential when promoting your site via Google.
- Mobile suitability. The search engine prefers sites that are displayed correctly on mobile devices to be in the top positions. This is an excellent opportunity to get your site to the top quickly and gain valuable traffic from mobile devices.
- Google considers linking a key component of website promotion. Make sure you link between pages of the site.
- Voice search. With the rise of Android-based mobile devices, voice queries have increased significantly. Therefore, it is crucial to optimize articles using the actual occurrences and phrases.
- AMP pages. Open-source code is the basis of the accelerated mobile page technology. Pages are saved in a Google cache unique to them, which speeds up their loading. Google Search is one of the many platforms that support AMP.
Site ranking is still determined by link mass. * Reference mass. Based on their age, trust, and spam resources, they will select similar donors.
- Links to social networks. Social engagement is more welcome on Google than other search engines, as we have already stated. You should create groups on social media networks, add quick repost buttons and connect to all additional services.
- Reference books and directories. You can add your site to both Russian and foreign guides.
Google My Business allows you to add your business. When you type in specific queries, it will display data about the user. You can also access detailed analytics about user activity.
- You can create your YouTube channel and upload videos to site pages.
Common beginner mistakes
Google website promotion is just like any other search engine. It takes a lot of trial and error.
- Buy a lot of links and ignore site checks.
- Copy content from other websites or use synonymizes
- do not use video content;
- Post materials to the site without formatting
- do not use additional Google services;
- Refuse to optimize the loading speed
- Do not collect the semantic base;
- Do not enter meta tags
- Refrain from using Twitter to index links quickly
- Do not connect analytics tools Google Analytics or Yandex.Metrica.
- Oversaturate articles using keywords
- Use banners and pop-ups
- Give up on social media buttons.
This list could go on as there are more than 200 factors that influence Google’s site ranking. These mistakes can be avoided, and your chances of achieving high rankings at the top will rise significantly.